[ngw] GroupWise and FAX

Ralph Lock Ralph.Lock at bsi-global.com
Sat Jan 27 10:33:32 UTC 2001

We use the API gateway.   Our Road Warriors fax in Job Tickets to a
specific phone number, and anything to that number has a routing code
which sends it to a central administrative mailbox.  Rules in that
mailbox then read the fax number of the sending machine from the subject
of the generated mail, and forward to the designated administrator.

Regards,

Ralph Lock
Senior GroupWise/Network Engineer
British Standards Institution
+44 (0) 208 996 7867

>>> dennis.large at louisville.edu 26 Jan 2001 17:26:01 >>>
How do the faxes get into GW? Standard SMTP? or the API gateway?

>>> Mark.Puchalski at Couzens.com 01/26/01 12:21PM >>>
We just implemented RightFAX here last week.  So far, it works great.

You can reply directly if you'd like more specific information.

>>> John.Whitehorn at nottingham.ac.uk 1/26/2001 11:55:16 AM >>>
Has anyone added fax to GroupWise?

On Tuesday I attended a GroupWare User Group Meeting and saw
(sales)talks on the following options:

1) Faxware by Tobit - I understand this is what the red box offering is
based on
2) RightFax by Acal Communications
3) FaxServe by CA

Anyone using any of these and is willing to share experiences?

   John

John Whitehorn
Academic Computing Services
Information Services Directorate
The University of Nottingham
University Park
Nottingham
NG7 2RD

This message is a private communication.  If you are not the intended
to others.  Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying
to this message, and then delete it from your system.  Thank you.

BSI's new website has been launched, and can be found at
http://www.bsi-global.com.

Please also note that BSI's e-mail address has changed to
firstname.lastname at bsi-global.com
 - so please update your address books.

This email may contain confidential information and/or copyright
material.  This email is intended for the use of the addressee only.
Any unauthorised use may be unlawful.  If you receive this email
by mistake, please advise the sender immediately by using the
reply facility in your email software.

Thank you for your cooperation.