[ngw] Msg13.$DB and msg13.$ER

John Whitehorn John.Whitehorn at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Jan 31 08:07:10 UTC 2001

If you can afford the disc space the housekeeping job I run daily and weekly remove these after a certain time (14 days I think) so I leave it alone.

   John

John Whitehorn
Academic Computing Services
Information Services Directorate
The University of Nottingham
University Park
Nottingham
NG7 2RD

>>> tcwatsb at tc.cc.va.us 30/01/2001 21:49:25 >>>
I see these files sometimes, when the nightly analyze/fix runs.  I just delete them from the \ofmsg directory.  If you read the ofcheck report, it'll tell you that the database has structural problems and has been repaired.  Never dug too deeply into why these files appear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
--Being a network administrator is like
trying to herd cats.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Betty  A. Watson
CNE-INW  CNE-NW5
LAN Administrator
Chesapeake Campus
Groupwise Administrator
Tidewater Community College
757-822-5216
 tcwatsb at tc.cc.va.us

>>> rmoletti at ops.org 01/30/01 02:57PM >>>
Can someone explain what these files signify?

None of the other msg files in GW 5.5 EP have these error files?  I'm getting a 820e error on that file.  Accd to one TiD, the solution was to reboot the server.  That works (had to do it once before) but there has to be something else that I should be doing.

Rich Molettiere
Technology Coordinator
Omaha North High School
"We educate our children on an agricultural timetable in an industrial setting, and tell them they live in a digital age."
Eugene Hickok, education secretary for Pennsylvania.