[ngw] GW Ceasing Support

Richard Beels beels at technologist.com
Wed Jul 11 04:25:08 UTC 2001

Yeah, I know, I know...  Brain fart.  I was thinking next week because my
mind is still in last week (dreaming of the shutdown we had, I guess :-).

At 19:49 7/10/2001,  Dennis Large was inspired to say:
>details, details... :-)
>
>BTW, if you didn't see, things were made official today. Official day one
>for Novell is tomorrow.

>Well, since Eric's CEO'ship is ending next week (barring a major snafu with
>the Cambridge buyout), since that's not how he signs his email, since I
>haven't heard anything about this internally, since the letter would come
>from a VP/Director in support not the CEO, since it would also have the
>name of a GW product manager on it, since a real letter would provide so
>much more information than this, since a real letter would have 4-5
>paragraphs of marketing gobbleygook in it, since a real letter wouldn't say
>that support is ""ceasing" but that it would be "transitioning" and since
>it didn't refer to the support lifecycle page on the web...  And those are
>just off the top of my head.

Cheers!
     Richard Beels
     Novell Consulting,  Philadelphia
     800.714.1700x48184
     http://consulting.novell.com
     Novell, Inc., the leading provider of Net services software