[ngw] gwtsa

Sylvain Phaneuf sylvain.phaneuf at imsu.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Jul 11 12:41:56 UTC 2001

Yes we are trying to do the job via the tsa.

The investigation is going on:

We are getting this problem only on PO which are bigger than about 5 GB.

We noticed that all the skipped userxxx.db files are at the bottom of the list in alphabetic order, i.e. usert6r.db, userwrg.db, etc. This means that when one is skipped, all the rest will be skipped. On the server console we get several messages like:
00:19:15 ERR: OpenDataSetForBackup Error<0xFFFDFFFC>
00:19:15 ERR: tsa_320.c Cannot allocate a directory handle (0xFFFDFFFC)
00:19:15 ERR: OpenDataSetForBackup Cannot allocate directory handle for SYS:SYSTEM/TSA/TEMP

If we look at the salvageable files in that folder we see between 500 and 600 files, including temp files representing msgx.db files, all of which are 40 - 60 MB in size. We have now purged the SYS volume and set the immediate-purge on for the tsa/temp folder. Will see if things get better today.

Will report back tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Sylvain

>>> G.Ross at ccw.gov.uk 11/7/01 13:27:27 >>>
You are backing up via the TSA, and not the file system, aren't you ?

I've just loaded up BE 8.5 on my test GW6 system, and backed up Gwise via the TSA fine.

GTG

Gordon Ross
Network Manager/Rheolwr Rhydwaith
Countryside Council for Wales/Cyngor Cefn Gwlad Cymru

>>> "Sylvain Phaneuf" <sylvain.phaneuf at imsu.oxford.ac.uk> 07/10 4:45 pm >>>
You're right. Well spotted. I made a typo in my message, we run version 8.5.

Sylvain

>>> G.Ross at ccw.gov.uk 10/7/01 15:39:26 >>>
I thought only BE8.5 supported the TSA ?

GTG

>>> "Sylvain Phaneuf" <sylvain.phaneuf at imsu.oxford.ac.uk> 07/10 2:30 pm >>>
Hi,

Has anyone started using the new tsa for GroupWise systems? We are testing it at  the moment and things are not going 100% fine...  We use BackupExec (version 8.1, rev 3012), and all our GroupWise system is at version 6.