[ngw] Launching calendar view on startup

Brian Anderson anderbr at auburn.edu
Fri Jul 13 20:07:21 UTC 2001

OK - Time for my .02 ( not that it helps you, but..)

It's *not* IT's job to baby-sit employees. This is something that needs
to come from above. "You are responsible for keeping and checking your
groupwise calendar. Not checking your calendar is *not* an excuse for
missing meetings/appointments. If you miss X appointments, you may be
subject to disiplinary action."

C'mon folks, it's not that hard. If you have an appointment, there is a
little clock icon next to your Calendar folder. Which reminds me - all
you have to do to check your calendar is click on the Calendar folder!!

>>> chad at Capitalcityfruit.com 7/13/2001 1:52:18 PM >>>
Yeah I know.  I need to use technology to make up for the employees
lack of accountability. Anyway does anyone know how to launch the
calendar view upon startup of the computer.  I put the calendar view
file in their startup and it does launch the calendar view.  The only
problem is if the user does not have the "no password required when
logged into NDS" unchecked then the view does not launch.  ( we have
several users set this way)

Chad

>>> tvissoc at scitexdpi.com 7/13/01 8:32:54 AM >>>
Seems like maybe they need some time management training????

>>> chad at Capitalcityfruit.com 07/12/01 05:13PM >>>
I have some users that do not look at their calendar in GroupWise.  As
a result they end missing appointments or make scheduling conflicts.

Does anybody know of a way to launch the calendar view automatically
with Nal, or by putting a shortcut in startup, or any other method.

Iam running GW 5.5epsp2

Thanks,

/Chad