[ngw] Launching calendar view on startup

George Atkins gka at iotadev.com
Fri Jul 13 22:17:17 UTC 2001

I sent this earlier this morning, but I must have accidentally sent it to myself. Hope you still need it!

As you probably know, there appears to be no startup switch for this option, alas. Here is the "standard" solution. This solution must be performed on each machine, sorry to say. But perhaps you can NAL it, though I haven't tried.

1. Open the calendar view you want to use, such as Day or Week (Don't simply click on the Calendar icon on the left side; instead, use the Calendar toolbar button to display a Calendar view).
2. When the view is displayed in its own window, use the right mouse button and drag the window icon on the left side of the title bar onto the desktop. Choose to COPY it.
3. If you want GW to autostart, copy the desktop icon into the users' Startup folder.
4. When the user logs on, GW will start minimized and the Calendar View will appear normalized in its own window.

Hope this helps!
George A.

<<< "Chad Leeper" <chad at Capitalcityfruit.com>  7/13  1:50p >>>
Yeah I know.  I need to use technology to make up for the employees lack of accountability. Anyway does anyone know how to launch the calendar view upon startup of the computer.  I put the calendar view file in their startup and it does launch the calendar view.  The only problem is if the user does not have the "no password required when logged into NDS" unchecked then the view does not launch.  ( we have several users set this way)

Chad

>>> tvissoc at scitexdpi.com 7/13/01 8:32:54 AM >>>
Seems like maybe they need some time management training????

>>> chad at Capitalcityfruit.com 07/12/01 05:13PM >>>
I have some users that do not look at their calendar in GroupWise.  As a result they end missing appointments or make scheduling conflicts.

Does anybody know of a way to launch the calendar view automatically with Nal, or by putting a shortcut in startup, or any other method.

Iam running GW 5.5epsp2

Thanks,

/Chad