[ngw] POA and MTA on same server using IP

Matt Ray mraymus at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 17:06:00 UTC 2001

Yes, you can use IP between MTA and POA on the same server.  In fact it's the preferred way.    Ironically, sometimes when an MTA comes up on a server, it takes longer to access and communicate with its directories than it does with its ip connections.     This should work.     You may have to force it with a /mtpinport and /mtpinipaddr switch, but you shouldn't have to.  Also, make sure there aren't a problem with the ports.  Your poa shold be saying something about an MTP process is up and listening for communications.

Matt

Matt Ray
MC Consulting
mraymus at yahoo.com
CNE, MCNE, CNI
803.783.6177 - phone
425.675.4330  -  eFax
803.261.2310 - cell phone
AIM/InstantMe - mateoray

>>> Ray Diers<RADiers at wausaucoated.com> 07/18/01 12:26PM >>>
Hey all,

I used to have a POA and MTA on one server using direct connections.  Then I moved the POA to a new server and started  client server only connections. Now I want to move the MTA to the same new server using IP connections.  I have not been able to get this configuration working.  Messages will not go through.

Can you use IP connections between a MTA and POA when they are both on the same server?

Thanks in advance,

Ray

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for custom GroupWise development needs and product information.