[ngw] 5.5EP clientsignaturefilesdisappearingwith6.0backend

Ted Christopher Ted.Christopher at tlc.state.tx.us
Thu Jul 26 14:07:30 UTC 2001

Ours was locked to "disallowed."  I've tried unlocking it and setting it to postoffice only to no avail.  I'm going to try locking it at postoffice only on the domain and post office levels, then unlocking it. Maybe that will do the trick.

>>> ybiloque at europarl.eu.int 7/26/2001 1:45:02 AM >>>
The solution in our case was, at the domain level, to unlock the Wildcard addressing and setting it (unlocked) to "Post-office only".
Since 4 weeks, the weekly content check run without resetting the checkbox.

>>> Ted.Christopher at tlc.state.tx.us 25/07/01 15:56:46 >>>
Worked here. However, I'd rather not change our GWCheck routine.

How did you resolve the issue with the Wildcard addressing locked?  I had a domain locked to "not allowed."  I've removed the lock - no help.  I've changed the client option to "postoffice only" - no help.

>>> ybiloque at europarl.eu.int 7/25/2001 1:53:22 AM >>>
I'm affraid that is not true, in our case we have the two separated checks and we have the problem if the wildcard addressing is locked.

>>> Ted.Christopher at tlc.state.tx.us 24/07/01 16:06:18 >>>
No, not locked at the domain either. It is, however, disabled.

This TID seems to correct the issue: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10063108.htm

>>> ybiloque at europarl.eu.int 7/24/2001 12:40:38 AM >>>
And the domain ?

>>> Ted.Christopher at tlc.state.tx.us 20/07/01 16:06:40 >>>
Doesn't seem to apply here. The PO does not have the wildcard addressing locked.

>>> ybiloque at europarl.eu.int 7/20/2001 1:51:29 AM >>>
Hello,

Same problem here but with a full 5.5 EP SP2 system.
The problem is the following: some time, during the weekly PO event gwcheck Content, the checkbox "Signature" is reset (the signature is still present).
After investigation by the Novell support, the problem occur if ... the wildcard addressing is disabled and locked (defect 272718).

Yannick

>>> Ted.Christopher at tlc.state.tx.us 19/07/01 22:35:17 >>>
Anybody noticed the 5.5EP Signature files stop working with a 6.0 back-end. If you de-select and re-select them, they start working again.  Apparently GWCheck is disabling them.

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for custom GroupWise development needs and product information.

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, and DirXML development needs and product information.