[ngw] GWIA

Mick Davey Mick.Davey at bsiamericas.com
Thu Nov 29 17:30:17 UTC 2001

What you are seeing is part of the SMTP conversation that occurs during a mail send. 5xx codes are generally 'fatal', that is, a failure that is permanent as opposed to 4xx codes that are considered 'transient' Eg. 'host down'. Following the preliminary handshaking the receiving system then requests the sending system to transfer the mail. This is when the failure occurred as the receiving system rejected the message as too big.' Exceeded storage allocation' could only come from the other end - GWIA already has the message.
Hope this helps
Mick.

>>> DRodriguez at counciltravel.com 11/29/2001 11:05:56 AM >>>
Thank you for your response
But how would I identify that the problem is not my GWIA and is on the other end.

Regards
>>> mblackham at gw.novell.com 11/29/01 11:57AM >>>
THis means the recipients site has set up mailbox size limitations and
your message would exceed them, nothing you can do about it other than
let the recipient know about it some other way.

Morris

 Douglas Rodriguez
Technical Support @ CT

>>> DRodriguez at counciltravel.com 11/29/01 08:44AM >>>
I'm  getting this error sending an email with an attachment.

Transcript of session follows:
    DATA
    552 Request mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation

Possibly truncated original message follows:

Suggestions

 Douglas Rodriguez
Technical Support @ CT

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, or DirXML
development needs and product information.