[ngw] GW6 Internet Explorer integration

Holly Newman Holly.Newman at KJMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 3 18:20:13 UTC 2002

We have fixed the problem.  For some reason, all of the files in the
\\sdd\client directory were missing, leaving just the ofviews, win32,
and zen directories.  We recreated the sdd with sp1 and all is well.  No
C3PO needed.

>>> EMAIL at co.pierce.wa.us 04/03/02 09:58AM >>>
We also recently had problems with this and found that running the same
mltoins.exe C3PO that we used with GW5.x fixed all of our problems -
allowed GroupWise to show as an option in IE (5 and 6), set it as the
default mail client, and the mailto links on web pages started working
again.

You can get the mltoins.exe from the Cool Solutions web site - this
link should work:

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/gwmag/features/a_default_email_in_browser_gw.html

Rochelle Adsitt
Pierce County Information Services

>>> manielse at advo.com 4/3/2002 7:09:25 am >>>
Gus, a new C3PO would need to be created for IE6. It appears that M$
changed the code (big surprise). Sorry Holly, I don't have the time
right now to write a C3PO for this but I'll keep it on my list of
'things to look into'...

Mark Nielsen
Sr. Network & Services Engineer
GroupWare Services, ADVO Inc.
manielse at advo.com

>>> gusgelpi at yahoo.com 04/03/02 09:02AM >>>

I might be lost here, but if you're talking about configuring GW as
default mail there used be a c3po to do it when it wouldn't work any
other way.  It does sound like setup is messed up, or is it reading a
preivious install?
Gus
  Holly Newman <Holly.Newman at KJMAIL.COM> wrote:
The problem appears to be in the setup.exe - when I run the install, I
only get two check boxes: GroupWise and Tip of the Day. I'm also
supposed to get Internet Browser Integration, and it's not there. No
setup.cfg to be found that might be screwing it up. Hmm....

>>> danita at caledonia.net 04/02/02 05:26PM >>>
I can verify that this works fine with IE5x - I know that doesn't help
you - I'd have to try to find someone useing IE6 to see if this is
an issue with that or what the story is.

Danita

>>> Holly.Newman at KJMAIL.COM 4/2/2002 6:00:03 PM >>>
1) Fresh install of GW6Sp1 does NOT put GroupWise into the Internet
Options | Programs for integration with IE6.

2) Installing WMS and then GW6Sp1 doesn't help.

3) Installing GW55EP and then upgrading to GW6Sp1 fixes the problem.

4) Knowledgebase turns up nothing.

HELP!!!!!! - that is not an option.

Holly Newman
Network Services Manager
Kendall-Jackson Wine Estates

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, or DirXML
development needs and product information.

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, or DirXML
development needs and product information.

Visit http://www.concentrico.net for GroupWise, NDS, or DirXML
development needs and product information.

Smile, It makes you more attractive.
"The weather is here wish you were beautiful."
-Jimmy Buffett(or was it Warren?)

Do You Yahoo!?