[ngw] GW6 for Doc Management?

Sean Kirkby SKirkby at Concentrico.net
Thu May 16 16:41:02 UTC 2002

Just FYI... The DeltaView people told me that they support GW
integration through ODMA.

FWIW.

--sk!

>>> wgoldsberry at portolasystems.net 05/13/02 02:17PM >>>
Law Firm environment, thousands of documents (6 GB total), integrate w/
Office 2000 and DeltaView.  Basically, we're looking for a possible
replacement for a Worldox system.  Mostly, what I need to know is if
anyone is currently administering anything like this, specifically their
opinion on reliability, stability, and user satisfaction of the GW
Document Management solution.

>>> SKirkby at Concentrico.net 05/13/02 08:36AM >>>
What kind of environment will it be used in?  How many documents?
What
kind of integration do you need?  What kind of access do you intend to
provide?

GW is an adequate DMS for many applications, but there are better ones
out there.  If your needs match what it offers, then it's a great
solution (esp. b/c it's included).  If you need a more industrial
strength, high-end solution, it may not be the best way to go.

--sk!

>>> wgoldsberry at portolasystems.net 05/10/02 03:35PM >>>
Anyone have any opinions/experiences w/ using GW6 for Document
Management solutions.  Anyone w/ experiences involving multiple Doc
Managers would be helpful.

TIA,
Wes Goldsberry
Portola Systems

--
Download a full trial of the World's First Secure Instant Messaging
Client for GroupWise at http://www.groupwisesolutions.com/gwpop