[ngw] Groupwise "version"

Todd J. Seagraves todd.seagraves at gbe.com
Wed Aug 6 19:22:15 UTC 2003

Also REM out the build number line in the software.inf file.

>>> dapara at gebsmith.com 08/06/03 02:15PM >>>
The Bump numbers are found in the registry and the domain and post
office database. The build numbers are found in the registry and
software.inf in the SDD. My suggestion would be to recreate the SDD and
edit the build numbers. Make sure the build number on the client is
higher than all the build numbers in the software.inf files.

>>> todd.seagraves at gbe.com 08/06/03 03:03PM >>>
It is checking the SDD, that is where the software.inf file is. I
don't use the SDD so to get around that message I created 1 SDD for all
my PO's and I leave some old 5.5 software in there. I don't get the
messages anymore.

>>> harvpa at wwc.edu 08/06/03 01:52PM >>>
Do they (the POs) all use the same SDD? If not, it could be a bump
number difference in the different SDDs.

--
Paul Harvey
harvpa at wwc.edu
Network Engineer
Walla Walla College

>>> smadrit at salans.com 08/06/03 11:43AM >>>

Does anybody know where groupwise gets it's version information from?
it seems to be coming from the POA.

I have the GW 6.03 client installed on my pc, locally.
When I connect to my PO it works fine.
When I connect to a PO acroos the WAN as a different user I get a
message telling me that new software is available and do I want to
upgrade. I want to get rid of this message. I noticed a reg change
after I say No to upgrade and no to ask me again. The only problem is
that when I then try to connect to a third PO it asks the same question
and changes the reg back to what it was... all 3 poa's are the same
version, 6.0.0

I found a TID mentioning a software.inf file, but I don't have a
software distribution folder from where I run it as a workstation
install, mine is installed locally and there is no such file in my local
grpwise folder.

Slava Madrit
Global Network Manager
S A L A N S
smadrit at salans.com
+1.212.632.8311

privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination
or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
is prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail or by telephone (212-632-5500)
and delete and destroy all copies of the material, including all
copies stored in the recipient's computer, printed or saved to disk.

--
GWAVA. Protecting GroupWise from the Inside Out
Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam www.gwava.com