Sobig-F Cleaning from Mail Boxes??

Charles Taite charlest at gwava.com
Wed Aug 20 13:49:42 UTC 2003

Craig,

If you can accelerate your adoption of GroupWise 6.5, GWAVA 2.5's post
office scanner can sweep Sobig-F out of your POs in short order. The
simplest method would be to set GWAVA's attachment blocker to look for
SCR and PIF files, although you could also use GWAVA's more traditional
AV capabilities as well.

Charles Taite
ct at gwava.com

>>> "Craig Lyndes" <clyndes at bsdvt.org> 8/20/2003 9:14:42 AM >>>
Dear Folks,

Our luck ran out.  We have several machines which became infected with
Sobig-f, and before we could intercede they delivered many copies of
the
virus to people's mail boxes (the virus is FAST).

We are a public school.  The teachers will all come back over the next
several days.  I would like to remove the virus messages from their in
boxes before they get a chance to double click on the attachment.

GroupWise 6.0 SP3.

I have a vague memory of there being a utility that might allow me to
use the subject, or something like that to delete messages from the
databases.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!
Craig Lyndes