[ngw] GWIA not processing email, 450 Host down HELP

Vladislava Toukalek vlatka at gateway.wmo.ch
Fri Oct 3 14:12:29 UTC 2003

Do you have a way to see if your server talks SMTP to the rest of the world (by sniffing or in fw logs)? Does the name resolution works on your server? If not check out resolve.cfg and verify that you have live DNS server listed.
An other place where I would look is NIC configuration. If your server or switch was not gracefully shut down it might lost its speed/duplex configuration.
I would also temporary turn off GWAVA RBL if you are using it (to speed up processing).
Vlatka

>>> pipo_jr at yahoo.com 10/03/03 02:50PM >>>
I even get error 450 on my domain.
I can telnet on port 25 and Ping my server.

I renamed the Send and Defer directories according to
TID 10059311 and nothing happened.
Tx

Arnaud