offiles...

Sharon Humphrey Sharon.Humphrey at lcra.org
Sat Oct 18 18:23:44 UTC 2003

I found an old posting regarding cleaning up offiles with a FORCECLEAN option, but I have a question...

You run a stand-alone gwcheck - expire and reduce - has to be over 90 days...

with a text file called FORCECLEAN in the same directory as your gwcheck?

I am running GW 5.5 ep sp4 right now.  Fixing to upgrade to 6.5 in November.  I was trying to do some clean up before upgrading.  I have files from 1998 in the offiles directories....  I wanted to create a new system and move over the users, combine some post offices, etc., but I don't have the management approval yet to do that.  So, it will have to be after the calendar year.  I thought the easiest way to clean up would be to move the users to a nice clean system....

any thoughts are appreciated.  thanks!  sharon