[ngw] Block outside email to mailbox ID

Frank Bulk bulkf at dordt.edu
Mon Oct 20 20:50:48 UTC 2003

What's the holdup to installing a spam solution?  At Dordt about 63% of
incoming email is spam.  Some users got about 125 per day...they now get
about 5-7 per day.

Frank

>>> Mary Van Engelen <maryve1 at starpower.net> Monday, October 20, 2003
3:39:45 PM >>>
That's an option... would prefer to stop it before it gets that far,
though. He gets hundreds of spam messages a day.
And, I know I have a few other users in the same predicament. It would
be
nice to find a better solution.

With some users I would just delete their mailbox and create a new one

that's at least close to our naming standards, but there are some users
who
correspond with just about everybody here and it would reek havoc on
our
Help Desk if we change the mailbox ID, thanks to frequent contacts and

WebAccess' slow retrieval of the address book.

We will be adding a server side anti-spam solution in a few months, but

it's not soon enough for some of these people.

Mary