[ngw] RBL results

Rick Zeman RZeman at melwood.org
Tue Dec 19 17:03:03 UTC 2006

Great news, Holly!  I'm a firm believer in spamhaus...but wouldn't touch spamcop at all.  (Look at my previous, uhh, rants on the subjects.)  :-)
But yes, generally you try to never accept email which you don't intend to deliver.

Rick Zeman
Information Technology Department
Melwood Horticultural Training Center
301.599.4574 - HelpDesk
301.599.4560 - MyDesk
http://www.melwood.org

>>> Holly.Newman at KJMAIL.COM 12/19/2006 11:51 AM >>>
Thanks to all of you who helped me enable RBL (even though ORDB says
it's a dying strategy).

I started with just one server - the spamhaus one that we've been
discussing.  I thought I'd share the results with you, to nudge on
others who have been reluctant.  Since I flipped the switch, my Guardian
logs reflect an average of over 7000/hour being rejected before they
ever enter my system.  That's 168,000 messages per day that my Guardian
system won't have to process.  Holy moly.

I sure hope they're all "good".  Time will tell.

Holly

--
Register now for GWAVACon, the largest independent GroupWise conference. Visit www.gwavacon.com