[ngw] Why is the GW client so slow?

Lilith Calbridge lilith at dcccd.edu
Mon Dec 10 18:23:42 UTC 2007

I won't address the first issue, though it may relate to the second.  My personal experience is that things going on in the background, other applications or processes, can cause me to get ahead of my cursor.  Frequently something like Innoculan kicks in at inopportune moments and holds the CPU utilization of my workstation high for some time.  Usually it's when it first kicks in that it's really annoying and then it eases off enough to work again.

If it's the same group of people you may want to see what else they're running.

Lil