webaccess 7.02 hp1a install error

Peter Van Lone petervl at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 21:12:04 UTC 2007

hmmm ...

just upgraded a system from 6.5 to 7.02 hp1a. Everything went peachy
except ... Webaccess thus far.

When I try to install it (all agents are down, java unloaded on the
server) I can get to the last screen in the install where it says it
is ready to copy files ... and when I click "next" the screen just
freezes. There is no activity, cannot click next again, or cancel or
back. Have to use task manager to end the task. When I do that, a
message pops up "Setup failed to run installation: the remote
procedure call failed".

I have run the install on 2 different machines, same exact thing. I
have re-exploded the service pack update, same thing. I am now in the
process of re-downloading the service pack, just to see if somehow
what I grabbed was corrupt.

Anyone else seen this?

Peter

--
Hope has two beautiful daughters. Their names are anger and courage;

Saint Augustine of Hippo

www.the-brights.net