[ngw] GroupWise surveillance

Alan Hendrickson ahendrickson at verticalsol.com
Thu Nov 20 14:11:56 UTC 2008

Can you use a POP3 client to scan that users mailbox and create a rule to email it to that person.

Powered by GroupWise Mobile Server for Linux.

From: Sean Tappendorf <Sean.Tappendorf at nhs-healthlink.org>
Date: 11/19/08 8:07 PM
To:  ngw at ngwlist.com <ngw at ngwlist.com>
Subject: Re: [ngw] GroupWise surveillance

I would give proxy rights to the account, and review things that way.  You can use GWcommander from Messaging Architects to set the rights without logging into the account, its on their free tools section.

Sean

Sean Tappendorf MSM/IT
Novell Administrator
Information Systems
978-922-3000 x2658

>>> "Gregg A. Hinchman" <Gregg at HinchmanConsulting.com> 11/19/2008 2:20 PM >>>
John,

If there is no budget for 3rd party products, then the only way I can think of would be to sneak into the users account and set a rule that somehow forwards all emails or some such thing.  That would be where you set the BCC.

Alas, the end user can look to Sent Items and/or Properties of Sent emails and see this is happening.

Now if you want an 'after the fact' you could focus efforts on backing up the post office in off times -like the middle of the day -and do a Restore area and you could look to the email somehow offline, but its not going to get you all things. And its a real pain.
--

Take Care.

Gregg A. Hinchman
Consultant
Gregg at HinchmanConsulting.com ( mailto:Gregg at HinchmanConsulting.com )
www.HinchmanConsulting.com
A Novell Consulting Partner
317.329.0288 Office
413.254.2819 eFax

"Courage is doing what is right."

"Do not be bound to any doctrine, theory or ideology, even Buddhist ones. All systems of thought are guiding means, not absolute truth."  Thich Nhat Hanh, Vietnamese monk.

Fletcher<JFletcher at channeltech.com> wrote:
> I think the answer to this is no, but I will ask anyway.
>
> Is there a way in GroupWise 7.x to enable all email from a particular user
> to be bcc'd to their supervisor without the user knowing about the
> surveillance?
>
> we don't have GWAVA and there is no budget for this. The hope is that GW can
> do this on it's own.
>
> thanks in advance

This message and its contents are confidential and are intended for the use of the addressee only, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, this serves as notice that any unauthorized distribution, duplication, printing, or any other use is strictly prohibited. If you feel you have received this email in error, please delete the message and notify the sender so that we may prevent future occurrences.