[ngw] Brainshare

Mary Matthews mlm23 at calvin.edu
Fri Jan 2 16:22:31 UTC 2009

Yep, it's 2 days again this year.

I'll drop a hint that maybe the 2010 planning be discussed from time to time.  :)

>>> "John Evans" <evansj21 at msu.edu> 12/29/2008 12:28 PM >>>
Mary,

Maybe I should reword what I wrote to... "Maybe it would be wise for Novell to PUBLICALLY start planning BrainShare 2010 now" ...that is closer to what was intended.

> And don't forget, WMNUG's still doing The Big EveNt

Yes, I'm looking forward to it in '09.  Even if I have to take a day (or two?) off.  Last year, I missed The Big EveNt due to the (bad) timing (for me).

...John

>>> "Mary Matthews" <mlm23 at calvin.edu> 12/22/2008 4:48 PM >>>
Trust me, they already are.  Usually by the time BrainShare rolls around, the team is already about 6 months into planning the next one.  :)

And don't forget, WMNUG's still doing The Big EveNt, so there will be something nearby for you.  :)

>>> "John Evans" <evansj21 at msu.edu> 12/17/2008 10:27 AM >>>
I originally planned to start saving money for a trip to BrainShare 2010 out of my own pocket after Christmas.  Maybe it would be wise for Novell to start planning BrainShare 2010 now as well.  That action on Novell's part might help instill more confidence about Novell in times like these.

...John

>>> "Danita Zanre" <danita at caledonia.net> 12/17/2008 9:48 AM >>>
Maybe you should look at this information -
http://forums.novell.com/brainshare/354586-brainshare-has-been-cancelled-year.html

Certainly, it's not a happy occurrence, but would you rather than
Novell go out of business?  I recommend that you log into your
BrainShare webmail and count the people in the address book - it's not
pretty.

Danita

>>> "Michael Roberts" <mroberts at hrmc.org> 12/17/2008 7:41 AM >>>
Well, 2 people in my organization, including myself have already paid f
or our airfare to Salt Lake (nearly $800 each), so that will be wasted
money.

This sucks, Novell, way to leave your customers stranded!

>>> "Joshua Pitlick" <JPitlick at acog.org> 9:31 12/17/2008 >>>
They probably didn't get enough people to register to make it cost
effective.

Joshua Pitlick
Lead Systems Engineer
American College of Ob/Gyn
409 12th Street, SW
Washington, DC 20024>>> "Michael Roberts" <mroberts at hrmc.org>
12/17/2008 9:20 AM >>>
How can Novell cancel Brainshare after taking our money for
registration?  This seems inconceivable.  Does this mean the company is
finally going under?

--
Visit http://www.ngwlist.com ( http://www.ngwlist.com/ ) for help