[ngw] GWAVACon hotel idea

Mary Matthews mlm23 at calvin.edu
Mon Jan 5 14:43:29 UTC 2009

The last time I was at the MGM Grand the color scheme got to me.  Just a word of precaution...bring sunglasses.  It is a nice hotel though, but the floor we were on looked like someone threw up in technicolor.

>>> "Scott Kunau" <skunau at igtg.net> 1/4/2009 11:23 AM >>>

I had heard that conference pricing was no longer available at the Marriott for GWAVACon and so to save travel costs, I looked at Hotels.com and found a room at the MGM Grand for $75/night.  The MGM is 2.63 miles (according to mapquest) from the Marriott and conference but it is right on the monorail and a 3-day pass on the monorail can be purchased for $28.  It runs from 7 a.m. to 2 a.m. daily.
I just looked up the MGM again as I am posting to arrive on 1/24 and leave on 1/28 is $110 for 1/24 and $75 for 1/25-1/28.  The hotel comes with a 4.3 out of 5.0 rating from hotels.com.  My room is for a king bed and says it is 446 sq.ft.
I'm looking forward to GWAVACon.

Scott Kunau, Sr. Consultant/Partner
Innovative Global Technology Group
Cincinnati, Ohio