[ngw] Uninstall using CleanIT

Tom Miller TMiller at hnncsb.org
Tue Jan 20 18:37:08 UTC 2009

CleanIt only removes GW, does not install, I take it?  Do you have a method to let that run and then run the GW8 client install?  I suppose I could put it in a VB script unless there are better options.

>>> "Holly Newman" <Holly.Newman at KJMAIL.COM> 1/19/2009 6:17 PM >>>
If you are planning to use CleanIT to uninstall GW7 before installing GW8, maybe I can save you a little time.  It works fine, but I discovered that it was also uninstalling GW Messenger.  Seems that the command line switch list that appears on the main CleanIT screen is out of date. There are some additional enhancements and command line switches that are only documented in the Readme file.  That'll teach me.

Anyway, this command line will uninstall GroupWise and keep Messenger: "cleanit.exe /sp /km".  /sp runs silently but shows progress, /km means "keep messenger".

If you don't know about CleanIT, it is one of the old Email Essentials utilities.  Messaging Architects has graciously taken on these essential utilities and are still offering them Free and AS IS (no support) on their website at:

http://www.messagingarchitects.com/en/cleanit/

Given the troubles I saw in beta testing and the troubles that Al Hidalgo has reported in production, this utility is key to a successful client deployment.  Especially since GW8 now installs (as well it should in this day and age) to the c:\Program Files directory instead of c:\Novell.

Hope this helps,

Holly

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.