[ngw] Email Forwarding Service

Jeff Bernier jbernier at risd.edu
Thu Jan 22 19:52:37 UTC 2009

Paul,

Thanks for your reply, but we are looking to deploy a forwarding system. We do not want to use GroupWise rules to do the forwarding.

Regards,
Jeff

On 1/22/2009 at 1:30 PM, CARONP at mmc.org wrote:

Be aware that setting up a forwarding rule, which forwards email from GroupWise, to some other email service, may result in an email loop.  If the student specifies either an incorrect email address or an address that has a "full" email account (over quota), the email will get returned to the student, and the rule will kick in again and forward that message on.  I had one user who's email loop resulted in an account at 178Gig!  Read the article I wrote on this subject at:

http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6625

If you are forced to set up a GroupWise rule, there should also be a prerequisite rule that throws out all email from the domain that the student specifies for their email.

Paul Caron, CNE, MCSE
Maine Medical Center
caronpNOMO at SPAMmmc.org