[ngw] ConsoleOne freezes when making Gateway change

Paul Caron caronp at mmc.org
Wed Jan 28 16:21:07 UTC 2009


First, specifics - C1 - 1.3.6H
GW 7.03
 
I tried to Edit my GroupWise Gateway (1 of 2) to prevent outgoing email to *.mmc.com (for some reason, some internal users are trying to send emails to other internal folks, by typing in the full email address, but instead of the mmc.org domain, they're using mmc.com).  This is resulting emails going to the wrong domain and potentially sending patient info across the internet.  Not good.
 
So I was able to quickly modify of the gateways, but the other one, not so much.  I am going to the Gateway, Access Control Settings|Edit|SMTP Outgoing|Prevent Messages to: *.mmc.com
 
When I do so, ConsoleOne gobbles up 99% of my CPU - the other 1% is for my viewing pleasure... The task never finishes.
 
Like I said, I was successful at making the same change to the other gateway.
 
I chose to restart the gateway and also to unload/reload the gateway, but I still can't make the changes.
 
Any ideas on how to fix this?  I've tried the same on other workstations and still get the same issue.
 
Paul Caron, CNE, MCSE
Maine Medical Center
caronpNOMO at SPAMmmc.org

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email message, including any attachments, is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and prohibited from unauthorized disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message and attachments.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://ngwlist.com/pipermail/ngw/attachments/20090128/3e465e8b/attachment.html 


More information about the ngw mailing list