[ngw] 7.0.3HP2 installation question

Cherie Turek CTurek at northbranch.k12.mn.us
Fri Jan 30 22:38:02 UTC 2009

Has anyone done an upgrade with webaccess configured this way?  If so, can you tell me what additional changes are required following the install of the hot patch to get webaccess working again so that it uses apache2 and tomcat5 that are a part of SLES10 instead of what comes with webaccess.  I used the TID3248145 when installing webaccess, but I'm not sure what needs to be done following an upgrade process being I am not running the configuration part of webaccess.

Thanks

-------------------
My main concern is that the Web Server Information that I changed through the initial install (setup to use the built in SLES apache2 and tomcat5) does not change following the install of HP2.  Do I need to go in and run the Webaccess configuration for this type of upgrade to re-apply these changes or are they not changed as part of the upgrade?

Apache path:
/etc/apache2/conf.d

Tomcat path:
/srv/www/tomcat5/base/webapps

Cherie

I have GWIA, Webaccess 7.0.3, and a secondary domain running on a SLES10 SP1 Linux server in VMware.  I have just a couple of questions on the upgrade to HP2.  I should only have to run the Install component to upgrade and skip the configure option correct?  Following the install, do I need to run through all of the configuration steps listed out in TID3248145 so Webaccess will work with apache and tomcat running on SLES or are these changes unaffected by the upgrade?

Cherie

>>> "David Sierkowski" <David.Sierkowski at valpo.edu> 1/30/2009 11:30 AM >>>
Thanks, that's what I thought. I was hoping that we could get away with just updating the GWIA/WebAccess portions for now and then update the rest in the near future. I could see how this type of plan would cause problems for major releases (service packs), but wondered if we could get away with it this time around since this is a 'hot-patch'.

Dave