[ngw] Groupwise Blackberry issue

Tom Miller TMiller at hnncsb.org
Wed Apr 7 16:53:05 UTC 2010

I had to call support a few times regarding this issue.  Turns out some files had the user in there with incorrect id.  It's been a while, but here are the links from my internal KB, these are on the BB support site:

Running scheduled database routines:  KB04426.

User name issues:  KB10292

More name stuff:  KB10409

Tom Miller
Engineer, Information Technology
Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board
757-788-0528

>>> "Kevin Wagner" <KWAGNER at dot.state.tx.us> 4/7/2010 12:21 PM >>>
One thing we've had to do when deleting a user off the BES and then re-adding the user, is to wait at least four hours between the delete and re-add.  For some reason, the SQL db needs time to complete rid itself of any info concerning the user.

>>> "Svein Carlsen" <Svein.Carlsen at taconic.com> 4/1/2010 12:31 PM >>>
I have done that, including wiping the device.  The BES continues to pull the name in that format.  Thanks for the follow up, though.
-svein

*************************
Svein Carlsen
Site Support Technician
Taconic Farms Inc
273 Hover Ave
Germantown, NY 12526
Office: 518-537-5200x12101
Mobile: 518-755-0686

>>> "Thomas Justice" <Thomas.Justice at doc.state.nj.us> 2010-04-01 13:19 >>>
Delete and recreate the user on the BES?  (you would likely need to wipe the BB as well)

Tom Justice (Thomas.Justice at DOC.state.nj.us)
OIT Network Services (Email Admin)
609-341-3027

>>> "Svein Carlsen" <Svein.Carlsen at taconic.com> 4/1/2010 1:06 PM >>>
We're running BES version 4.1.4.16 with Groupwise version 7.01 and I have a single user for which the Blackberry server is pulling up the username in the form userid.Post Office.domain at internet domain name.  We tried and account edir sync as well as clearing and syncing the BES address books as suggested by Blackberry support.  So far nothing has corrected this.  Blackberry has not been very supportive in this matter, and I'm hoping someone has seen this before.  We have checked her nicknames, and preferred names but I'm not sure where the BES is pulling this information from.  We have 72 users attached to the Blackberry service and she is the only person with this issue.  Thanks!
-svein

Congratulations to Texas Adopt-a-Highway volunteers for 25 years of keeping our state litter-free.
Find out how you can get involved at
www.dot.state.tx.us/trv/aah/

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.