[ngw] GWIM - moveable?

Simon Shilton Simon.Shilton at acustica.co.uk
Thu Apr 8 18:38:56 UTC 2010

yup, it runs on Linux, from the docs:

2.1.1 Messenger Server Requirements

32-bit/x86 processor or 64-bit/x86 processor running in 32-bit mode

Any of the following server operating systems for the Messenger
agents:
Novell® Open Enterprise Server (NetWare® or Linux version), plus the
latest Support Pack

NetWare 6, or NetWare 6.5, plus the latest Support Pack for your
version of NetWare

SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 10, plus the latest Support Pack

Windows Server* 2000, Windows Server 2003, or Windows Server 2003 R2,
plus the latest Service Pack for your version of Windows

and according to the docs for the GW server Migration Utility v1.1:
"Manual migration instructions for Messenger are provided in the
Messenger 2 Installation Guide"

and buried in the install guide is:
http://tinyurl.com/ybxgcno

best of luck !
Simon

>>> On 08 April 2010 at 19:18, in message
<4BBDBB84020000630004B389 at gwia1.rbf.eng>, "Steve Tucker"
<STEVET at rbf.com> wrote:

Sorry, Lil. Don't mean to hi-jack your post. but I have been wondering
the same thing. Our GWIM is still on an old Netware VM and I want to
migrate it to a shiny new Linux VM. First, does GWIM run on Linux? If
so, is there a migration path?

Thanks,
Steve

>>> Gert <gwcheck at gmail.com> 4/8/2010 10:56 AM >>>
Windows server? I think I'd worry about IP's...

Gert

Novell Knowledge Partner

Owner, independent consultant
www.GWCheck.com