[ngw] next release of GW

Tom Miller TMiller at hnncsb.org
Tue Apr 13 14:09:30 UTC 2010

Very nice.  By that time I'll have GW running on Windows servers here anyway.   The Active Directory authentication is much needed.  I assume this means no more reliance on eDirectory, so I can retire that as well.

What we really need though is some sort of module/component that can imitate Exchange.  For example we are implementing Great Plains here and there is pressure to move to Exchange, as there is Exchange "interoperability".  The manuals are vague, as I don't know if that means mapi or Exchange database.  I know Riva makes integration products, but that's just another argument to move to Exchange (as in why pay for integration when Exchange is already there?)

Tom Miller
Engineer, Information Technology
Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board
757-788-0528

>>> Joseph Marton <jmmarton at gmail.com> 4/13/2010 5:45 AM >>>
Dean posted information yesterday on the upcoming release of GW,
Ascot, due out before the end of the year.

http://www.novell.com/communities/node/11289/groupwise-ascot-details

Joe

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.