[ngw] next release of GW

Joseph Marton jmmarton at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 15:30:25 UTC 2010

Personally I'm not thrilled with the 64-bit requirement in Ascot, I feel it
should be left in Windermere so that customers have more time to get
64-bit-ready.  But I don't make the decisions. :-)

I guess the alternative that always crops up... Exchange... already requires
64-bit, and so far with each new version M$ doesn't support in-place
upgrades.  Ever.  They always require migrating to new hardware.  So if
Novell just has this 32- to 64-bit switch one time that's still better than
the alternative.  Plus now with virtualization it's often a simple matter of
just building a new VM that's 64-bit instead of 32-bit.  So purchasing new
hardware is hopefully slowly becoming a think of the past.

Joe