[ngw] GW on Windows Server 2003 - services hang on startupsince latest patches

Elbert LaGrew Elbert.LaGrew at katun.com
Thu Apr 15 14:38:09 UTC 2010

I have a had servers that have done this.  On one server I ended putting in a cron job that checks to see if the services are running and then restarts the services.  On one other, it was caused by an incorrect LDAP scope setting that caused a long delay in the mounting of the NSS volumes...that was the easy fix for us anyway...on the first server, I never did discover what made it not start automatically.

--El

>>> On 4/15/2010 at 9:33 AM, <sborgos at ots-denver.com> wrote:
Has anyone seen this?  If we leave the services on Automatic, when the
server re-boots they show Starting for an indefinite period of time - they
never do start up.  We have to set the services to Manual startup, re-boot
the server and then manually start them one at a time.  This didn't start
until the servers auto-updated.  If anyone knows what specific patch may
have caused this problem, or if they have a script to delay the start, I'd
love to hear about it.

Thanks.

Sue

Susan H. Borgos, J.D., CNE