[ngw] Error - address book deinitialization function

David Gerisch DEGerisch at co.tulare.ca.us
Thu Apr 15 16:38:20 UTC 2010


I should point out that she started with all sorts of crashes that resulted in the 'The address book deinitialization function' error: spell check, sending with an attachment, various random crashes.  All (but one) of those went away when we created the new MS Windows Profile.  What was left is a consistent crash whenever she tries to add a user to her proxy list.

What doesn't crash is the 8.0.0 HP 2 back-end and 8.0.1 HP 1 front-end for adding proxy users.

I'll be in a bit of poo if the upgrade to 8.0.1 HP 1 across the board brings back a problem I thought was going to be solved.

One thing I have not done, is move the user to a new post office.  I didn't want to do this, because she is on the wrong end of a slow link, and her post office server is local to her work site.  If she weren't at a remote site, I would have by now.

David Gerisch

>>> "Kathy Bannister" <Banniste at audits.ga.gov> 04-15-2010 04:49 >>>
Hum.  So you think keeping your back-end on 8.0.0 HP2 may be the fix?
 
I, as you have read, have all my Clients on the HP1 Client as well as my back-end at HP1.
 
Interesting.
 
I'll post what Novells response is as I have opened a ticket.

>>> "David Gerisch" <DEGerisch at co.tulare.ca.us> 4/14/2010 7:34 PM >>>
I have had several users with this problem.  Three of them, the MS Windows profiles had to be created new.  A fourth user, the problem followed her mailbox from machine to machine; but, she was using the GW 8.0.0 HP 2 client (even after creating a new profile).  As soon as we accessed the mailbox with a GW 8.0.1 HP 1 client (the version you are using), the crashes stopped.  All our back-end servers are GW 8.0.0 HP 2.

David Gerisch

>>> "Kathy Bannister" <Banniste at audits.ga.gov> 04-14-2010 05:20 >>>
I have had several Users complain about the GW Client crashing with this error:

"Internal Error" - The address book deinitialization function was never called by its parent application.

Happens on more than one computer thay are using.

I have uninstalled the client.
Used the cleaning tool.
Reinstalled MAPI.
Reinstalled the GW Client.

GWCheck on User DB
Structural Rebuild
Index
Content Check

The error continues.

I received it just a few minutes ago when trying to spell check a message.

Had to reboot to get GW to function again.

Windows xp sp3
GW 8.0.1 1/8/2010
Build 89145

Any one else have this issue.  Any solutions.

Thanks!!

Georgia Audits made the following annotations on Wed Apr 14 2010 08:20:44
---------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE: This e-mail (including attachments) may contain information that is confidential and legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and then deleting it.  
Thank you for your cooperation.
---------------------------------------------------------------------


_______________________________________________
ngw mailing list
ngw at ngwlist.com 
http://ngwlist.com/mailman/listinfo/ngw 

Georgia Audits made the following annotations on Thu Apr 15 2010 07:49:21
---------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE: This e-mail (including attachments) may contain information that is confidential and legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and then deleting it.  
Thank you for your cooperation.
---------------------------------------------------------------------




More information about the ngw mailing list