[ngw] What character set are you using with GroupWise?

Morris Blackham Morris.Blackham at messagingarchitects.com
Thu Apr 15 19:50:44 UTC 2010

The user acct does have a charset setting,  and I would think the POA would use that setting when generating a message using a rule,  but don't take that to the bank.   You can change it for a user in C1 if you have fairly recent snapins,  I believe 7SP3 or later

Morris

>>> "Paul Caron" <CARONP at mmc.org> wrote:
> Ok - After a long time of snooping, I'm finding that 95% of the emails flagged
> with this error are emails originating from inside that are auto-forwarded
> emails to their home accounts (don't get me started...).
>
> Does anyone know where you'd specify encoding to fix these issues?  It's
> certainly not a client setting, as an auto-reply takes place at the server
> level.
>
> On the GWIA, SMTP/MIME Settings tab, there is an option to use 7 bit
> encoding for all outbound messages, unchecked.  Other than that, I can't find
> any place to affect Character sets or encoding.
>
> What do you have specified on that option?
>

> Paul Caron, CNE, MCSE | Messaging Architect
> Maine Medical Center | http://www.mmc.org ( http://www.mmc.org/ )
> NOMOREcaronp at SPAMmmc.org | 207-662-6666
>
> Electronic Mail is not secure, may not be read every day, and should not be
> used for urgent or sensitive issues.
> PGo Green! Print this email only if necessary.
>

> From: "Paul Caron" <CARONP at mmc.org>
> To:<ngw at ngwlist.com>
> Date: 4/15/2010 2:21 PM
> Subject: [ngw]  What character set are you using with GroupWise?
> Trying to troubleshoot some error messages on an upstream SMTP server:
>
> Corrupt content encountered.  Cause of corruption: 'Invalid character set or
> encoding.'
>
> A strong majority of the messages are from our internal sources.
>
> If I look at Tools|Options|Send|Mime Encoding, I have UTF-8 selected.
>

> What do you have set up?
>

> Paul Caron, CNE, MCSE | Messaging Architect
> Maine Medical Center | http://www.mmc.org ( http://www.mmc.org/ )
> NOMOREcaronp at SPAMmmc.org | 207-662-6666
>
> Electronic Mail is not secure, may not be read every day, and should not be
> used for urgent or sensitive issues.
> PGo Green! Print this email only if necessary.
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is
> for the use of the intended recipient(s) only and may contain information
> that is privileged, confidential, and prohibited from unauthorized disclosure
> under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
> any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
> prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender
> by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message and
> attachments.
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email message, including any attachments, is
> for the use of the intended recipient(s) only and may contain information
> that is privileged, confidential, and prohibited from unauthorized disclosure
> under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
> any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
> prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify the sender
> by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message and
> [...]

Considering a Migration to GroupWise 8 or Exchange?
Learn more at http://www.messagingarchitects.com/webcasts