[ngw] GWMessenger on SLES 11?

Michael Mollard MollardM at mbc.qld.edu.au
Tue Apr 20 23:31:49 UTC 2010

We run GW8sp1 clients on WinXP, and a few staff also run GW Messenger.  One reason we haven't deployed Messenger more widely is that it seems to exist in it's own world, authentication wise.  GW Client will 'trust' the Novell Client login, and start without prompting for credentials.  But Messenger always prompts.  Since we have staff roaming and not many have one-to-one desktops, we don't want them to 'remember' their passwords on desktops.  Because of the annoying prompts, people have generally chosen not to use the product.

Does anyone know if Messenger will get some sort of SSO in future?

Just curious.