[ngw] IMAP cuts off at 9/9/09

Ron Bradley Ron.Bradley at snow.edu
Mon Feb 22 21:21:43 UTC 2010

>From what I have seen IMAP seems to timeout while scanning the mailbox
to determine which messages qualify for dload.   So you could have only
100 new but the 4,000 plus adds to scan time.

I recall running the IMAP commands ata prompt and you could see the
list building and then timing out on some messages as well.  So we
looked at message IDs (msgNum) and cleaned the problem message up in WXS
or client to get IMAP moving again.

>>> "Lilith Calbridge" <lilith at dcccd.edu> 2/17/2010 8:12:44 am >>>
But should not the IMAP client be requesting the most recent X number
of
messages, not from the beginning?

Lil