[ngw] How do I read an email without the email status changing?

Lilith Calbridge lilith at dcccd.edu
Wed Jun 9 16:31:12 UTC 2010

The way it's been presented here before is to go directly to the properties then do a "reply" to view the content.  However, I recently believe I've discovered that although it doesn't show a "read" status, there is a time stamp applied to the status with an empty action.

Lil

>>> On 6/9/2010 at 11:21 AM, "Paul Caron" <CARONP at mmc.org> wrote:

I want to be able to read my email that a coworker has sent to me, without the email status being marked as read.  If I change the email to unread, the status/notification email has already left the barn.

I know that the functionality is there for a reason, but some people use UNREAD emails as part of their work flow.  They peek at the email, see it requires more time to compose an answer and then mark it as unread to deal with it later.

Is there a way that I can read the email so that the sender does not get the notification email or the status of the email stays as UNREAD?  I believe I've seen this posted somewhere, but can't find it.

Paul Caron, CNE, MCSE | Messaging Architect
Maine Medical Center | http://www.mmc.org
NOMOREcaronp at SPAMmmc.org | 207-662-6666

P Go Green! Print this email only if necessary.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and prohibited from unauthorized disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message and attachments.