[ngw] Mobility Preview - never mind

Mary Matthews mlm23 at calvin.edu
Fri May 7 15:25:27 UTC 2010

Yep, RIM likes to keep their BES stuff close to the vest...have to have BES if you want to support in-house.  NotifyLink is awesome!  Great service and you get to off-load all of the support.  :)

>>> "Holly Newman" <Holly.Newman at KJMAIL.COM> 5/6/2010 8:06 PM >>>
With all this discussion about iDevices and the Mobility Pack, I thought I'd download both the Preview version and Danita's FREE QuickStart Guide (Thanks, Danita!).

Filled with enthusiasm, I got to page 2. sscccrreeeeeeeeeecchhhh!!! (that was the sound of the brakes slamming on). "Perhaps the part of the requirements that will surprise you the most is the need for a 64-bit OS."

No kidding. This means I can't even test it because we're still on an older version of ESX that doesn't support 64-bit hosts. Yeah, we're fixing that sometime in the next few months, but not today. Let me see if I have a spare HP server with 4gb of RAM lying around for testing. Nope (Jason just laughed at me...).

Also, I discovered that it won't be supporting the BES - so there went my single-point-of-administration solution out the window. Oh well, back to the drawing board. I'm going to see what I can figure out with NotifyLink for supporting multiple devices.

Holly