[ngw] Device Rest on Mobility

Elbert LaGrew Elbert.LaGrew at katun.com
Tue Mar 1 07:17:29 UTC 2011

There is some limited information about the OS of each device.  It is located under the Mobility Page, Users, Monitor.

I think there is enough information there to figure out about what they have.  Although, the information and interface seems primitive compared to a BES server.  It is is quite functional.

--El

>>> Daniel Shelley  02/28/11 9:51 PM >>>
Does DataSync/Mobility server give you information about the devices
that are connected so that you can figure out which ones might respond
to a remote wipe command?  Or would something like Notify's NotifyMDM
tool be required for that?

Daniel

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 6:58 PM, Elbert LaGrew  wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Danita!
>
> The plot thickens.  I tried with my 2.2.1 device this afternoon and it worked!  Been restoring apps ever since. :-)
>
> The device which does not work is a version 2.3 root G2.  I am thinking this is not the best to test with.  It does work with 2.2. and with iPhone 4...so I think we are good to go.  As long as we know the limitations, we will be OK...it's just when things don't work that should work is when I start seeing red flags...
>
> --El

> I know that some versions of Android do not work with device reset. Is this 2.2?  In theory it should work with 2.2.
>
> Danita
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Feb 28, 2011, at 8:38 AM, "Elbert LaGrew"  wrote:
>
>> I asked this question last week with no takers...maybe the 2nd time is the charm. :-)
>>
>> We have Datasync build 290 installed and working swimmingly for 13 people. We are running in test mode right now before rolling it out enterprise-wide to about 100 users.
>>
>> Here is our current issue. After enabling the Mobility security policy, we tried doing a reset device on and Android G2 phone...nothing happened. Well, all  we got when choosing reset device to factory defaults is after the sync, it blocks the phone from connecting to the mobility server.
>>
>> When we tried the Reset Device with an iPhone 4 it worked as we expected and erased the iphone to a factory reset.
>>
>> Can anyone comment on whether this feature works for Android devices?  This will have a huge impact on whether or not we roll this service out enterprise-wide to over 150 users with smart phones.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --El

>> are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
>> the system manager.
>>
>> www.katun.com

> the system manager.
>
> www.katun.com