[ngw] using Outlook connector - forwarding behavior

Betsy Horn Bhorn at hfblaw.com
Wed Mar 2 20:38:53 UTC 2011

GW 7.0.4.  Outlook 2003 with GW Connector.

Problem - user with Outlook Connector cannot forward attachments to an e-mail if they were sent to her by a GW user using Forward As Attachment.  When the Outlook user forwards the forwarded e-mail, the attachments are stripped.  [If the original sender uses Flat Forward, the Outlook user can forward the attachments.]

Sub-problem - We have 60 GroupWise users and only two users using the Outlook Connector.  I'm not going to ask our GW users to start Flat Forwarding to our Outlook users.

Question - Are there any fixes, add-ons or plug-ins for the Outlook users so they can forward an e-mail that has been Forwarded As Attachment?