[ngw] User can't login to remote mail

Lilith Calbridge lilith at dcccd.edu
Mon Mar 7 22:26:21 UTC 2011

That's what the problem was.  In theory the way we have our system set up there should be no duplicates.  However, with changes to new locations there is a rename involved.  The move didn't go well and it hung up somewhere in mid-streaming.  No matter what I did to dislodge it it remained inert.  The only option I could see that wouldn't dump all the data was to cancel all statuses for the move and move it back to the original post office, then cancel the status of the move again.

This has usually worked but apparently in this case the removal for the original destination PO didn't seem to get pushed out, either to the post office or the secondary domains.

Lil

>>> On 3/7/2011 at 12:28 PM, "Elbert LaGrew" <Elbert.LaGrew at katun.com> wrote:

Is this a unique ID?

--El

>>> On 3/7/2011 at 12:01 PM, in message <4D74C909020000AE000DA757 at DSCSMTP.DCCCD.EDU>, "Lilith Calbridge" <lilith at dcccd.edu> wrote:

I have a user with whom I had difficulty in moving him from one post office to another.  In the final stages we just created a new account for him.  Under the new account he's able to log into the post office with the GroupWise desktop client but he's unable to log into his account through either WebAccess or the GWIA (IMAP).  He can authenticate for outbound email but that's because that GWIA is under the primary domain.  WebAcccess and the GWIA he's trying to access have their own secondary domains.  I've tried re-instating his password and I see the update passing through the MTA, at least on the domain for WebAccess.

The WebAccess log simply shows "Login failed".  Nothing about bad password or anything else to indicate the source of the problem.  Under IMAP I see

00:56:42 22D Client - 3 LOGIN xxx3114 ***********
00:56:42 22D Server - 3 NO LOGIN GroupWise login failed
I've synchronized the account several times and the result is always the same.  Currently the account has been set up as an External Entity, though that shouldn't make a difference.

Any ideas?

Lil

the system manager.

www.katun.com