[ngw] dbcopy mirror option

Holly Newman Holly.Newman at KJMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 8 04:51:39 UTC 2011

I use that too, and fortunately, all of my GW volumes (so far) are NSS
volumes so it's easy. But I don't see that as a final solution because I
hope not to lean on NSS forever.

So maybe the better question is, can someone walk me through how I
connect to my Linux volumes from my Windows boxes in a way that allows
me to use Beyond Compare as I do now?

Holly

>>> Danita Zanre <dzanre.ngwlist at gmail.com> 3/7/2011 6:26 PM >>>
Yes - i do love beyond compare!

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 7, 2011, at 6:44 PM, "Donna Moyer" <dsm at uptimenmi.com> wrote:

> We use a tool called Beyond Compare to check source and dest
directories
> to get rid of files no longer on the source that are on the dest.
> One of my top 5 favorite tech tools!
> Donna

> Nope - no dbcopy mirror command.
>
> Danita
>

> On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 5:16 PM, Holly Newman
> <Holly.Newman at kjmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Is there a dbcopy command line option to mirror, in other words,
> delete
>> files on the target that no longer exist on the source? I see that
it
> is
>> clever enough to skip files that exist in both places and it can
use
> the -i
>> to limit what it looks at. But I don't see a way to have it clean
up
> the
>> target if, say, a routine purge task has been run on the source
since
> the
>> initial copy...
>>
>> While I have your attention, is there a way to bring up the GW
console
>> screen on Linux without stopping and restarting the agent? If not,
> what is
>> the preferred way to see what is going on? Tail? Log files? Yes,
I'll