[ngw] GroupWise Monitor

Robert Gyulasaryan rgyulasaryan at LASuperiorCourt.org
Fri Mar 18 17:55:23 UTC 2011

It's going pretty good...trying to do 1 component a week. I been having a few things stop me, but have worked through most. Monitor and getting gwha to work has been the hardest. Can't get monitor to monitor the messenger agents correctly, so ghwa isn't working there yet. I can add them in as addresses, but probably need to add them in as messanger agents for it to work right. I am thinking this might have to be done on the XML file as well...

>>> "Matt Ray" <mray at groupwiseguru.com> 3/18/2011 10:47 AM >>>
Don't know if there's a tid or not.  There should be.   I mentioned it in my presentation at GWAVACon!  :-)   I'll see if I can write something up.   How is your migration coming?

Matt

Matt Ray
MC Consulting - GroupWiseGuru.com
CNE, MCNE, LPI, CLS, CNS
mray at groupwiseguru.com
661.885.2699 - Office
661.599.3416 - Cell
877.335.7339 - Fax
Skype, Yahoo! & MSN ID: mraymus
Let us help you Upgrade/Migrate/Support your GroupWise System!

>>> "Robert Gyulasaryan" <rgyulasaryan at LASuperiorCourt.org> 3/18/2011 9:18 AM >>>

Is there a TID on this by any chance ? I haven't looked into the XML file yet.....

>>> "Matt Ray" <mray at groupwiseguru.com> 3/17/2011 11:15 AM >>>
There's a bug with Monitor and saving changes to the notifications field.  You have to take monitor down first, manually edit the monitor.xml file, and then restart monitor.   That's the only way to put notifications in there.   Found this out from the developer.    I've thought about sending this email thread to him.

mray at groupwiseguru.com
661.885.2699 - Office
661.599.3416 - Cell
877.335.7339 - Fax
Skype, Yahoo! & MSN ID: mraymus
Let us help you Upgrade/Migrate/Support your GroupWise System!

>>> "Ben Knorr" <bknorr at westminstercollege.edu> 3/17/2011 11:07 AM >>>
We use the Windows version since we couldn't ever make the Linux version actually save changes. This would be a problem when, say you wanted to have a phone number to send a txt message to when a server was down. It turns out that a monitor software that can't notify you of a problem is useless :)

-ben

>>> "Robert Gyulasaryan" <rgyulasaryan at LASuperiorCourt.org> 3/17/2011 9:05 AM >>>

....Is there anybody out there ???

>>> "Sami Kapanen" <Sami.Kapanen at hamk.fi> 3/16/2011 4:21 AM >>>
>>> On 14.3.2011 at 21:15, "Robert Gyulasaryan" <rgyulasaryan at LASuperiorCourt.org>
wrote:
> Anybody know a way I can setup GW Monitor so people don't have any options
> on it,so they cannot click on Status, Preferences, Link Trace..etc..etc... ,
> only view status ????

That would be great for helpdesk etc..
anyone?

-sk