[ngw] Address Book Problem

Matt Mayer mmayer at oru.edu
Fri Mar 25 16:34:00 UTC 2011

Scott,

Thanks again for the input.  Quite frankly I have after testing assumed that synching was not my problem since I have found if I change the numbers manually it populates just fine in GW.  However with that being said I did not try this and will test and let you know if I have a better result as looking at the phone field in e-dir everything looks fine it just doesn't pull over to GW when using dsimport Wolfgang util.

Matt Mayer
Information Technology
Oral Roberts University
918-495-6484
>>> Scott Carmichael <SCarmichael at managecast.com> 3/25/2011 10:43 AM >>>
Matt,
Maybe some confusion here. Did you use ConsoleOne to do the synch ? If so I don't believe that will update the info you want.
You need to run the  eDirectory User Synchronization on the MTA.  You could force this on the MTA when running on NetWatre but for Linux or Windows you just have to schedule it to run.
Have a look here for more information.
http://www.novell.com/documentation/gw8/gw8_admin/?page=/documentation/gw8/gw8_admin/data/akb1pzj.html
Hope that helps.
Thanks.