[ngw] Post Office offline

Gregg A. Hinchman Gregg at HinchmanConsulting.com
Fri Mar 25 19:27:54 UTC 2011

Right. And I was not suggesting you were a first timer -just suggesting a 'check list' to check.

I understand the rebuild issue.

Take Care.

Gregg A. Hinchman
Consultant
Gregg at HinchmanConsulting.com
www.HinchmanConsulting.com
A Novell Consulting Partner
317.329.0288 Office
413.254.2819 eFax

"Courage is doing what is right."

"Do not be bound to any doctrine, theory or ideology, even Buddhist ones. All systems of thought are guiding means, not absolute truth."  Thich Nhat Hanh, Vietnamese monk.

From: Douglas Smith<drsmith at lumc.edu>
To:ngw at ngwlist.com
Date: 3/25/2011 2:59 PM
Subject: Re: [ngw] Post Office offline
Gregg,

I have pretty much followed these steps.   This is not the first time I have had to move a GroupWise domain and/or PO.   In the past, I have not had any problems that a PO rebuild would not handle.

Thanks,

- Doug.

>>> On 2011/03/25 at 13:48, in message <4D8CAB24.FDA7.003C.3 at HinchmanConsulting.com>, "Gregg A. Hinchman" <Gregg at HinchmanConsulting.com> wrote:

Doug,

Go thru the GW Move process documents -those will give you all the places where things could get hung up. Since you had to move it as you did- the db's are a bit confused.

http://www.hinchmanconsulting.com/Articles.php --Moving GroupWise article will help.

One other place is the Link Configuration.

And, if worst comes to worst -set the mtpinport, outport, inIPaddr and outIPaddr -switches in the POA config.  It should be set to point to the parent domain -out, and should be 'in' for its new location.  Typically a rebuild works but this will work as well to keep it open.

Good Luck!

Take Care.

Gregg A. Hinchman
Consultant