[ngw] moving domain objects

Holly Newman Holly.Newman at KJMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 30 18:26:03 UTC 2011

Oh wait, I think I found the answer (from an old 5.5 TID):

In order to move a domain object to a different context, you have to follow two steps:
1) Delete the existing domain object from NDS using a NON-SNAPPED-IN version of NWAdmin or by using NETADMIN.  (If you use a snapped-in NWAdmin, it will actually delete the domain out of GroupWise).
2) Use Tools | GroupWise Utilities | Graft GroupWise objects to graft the object back into the tree

Assuming I substitute ConsoleOne for NWAdmin, is this still the right process?

Holly

>>> "Holly Newman" <Holly.Newman at KJMAIL.COM> 03/30/2011 11:23 AM >>>
Hello -

I want to move my domain objects to a different container in the tree. But when I try to run Graft on one of them, it says I can't because the object already exists somewhere else. There is no option to Disassociate. I don't see anything in the documentation that tells me how to get around that.

http://www.novell.com/documentation/gw8/gw8_admin/?page=/documentation/gw8/gw8_admin/data/a7q4vpv.html

Thanks,

Holly