[ngw] No appointment in Web Access *** Solved ***

Richard Haynal Richard.Haynal at wsha.org
Thu Mar 31 17:10:12 UTC 2011

Hi,

The problem is solved for now ... but I'm not to thrilled as to how the "checkbox" works.

If a user unchecks the calendar check box all his appointments disappear. But, in addition to all this ... no one who would normally have proxy rights to see his/her appointments can anymore. The checkbox is persistant. That is, if you uncheck it and log out no one (with proxy rights) will be able to view their appointments from WA. Although the GW client will still show them. So the checkbox in WA only effects people using WA and the proxy rights set up on the GW client only affects people using the GW client AND they can both be different at the same time!

Our organization relies heavily on proxy rights to the calendar. It is not good that a user can turn those off from within WA (even though it will only affect others who are also using WA. There is no place I know of that can lock this down or turn it off.  Also, the check box does not indicate that it will affect proxy writes.

>>> On 3/31/2011 at 8:22 AM, in message <4D9455EF020000EE00039FE2 at irislx.northmemorial.com>, "Kathy Tyler" <Kathy.Tyler at NorthMemorial.com> wrote:

I haven't been able to see yet how that gets locked down.  I'll keep looking though.

>>> On 3/30/2011 at 4:37 PM, "Richard Haynal" <Richard.Haynal at wsha.org> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for pointing that out. The box is unchecked for this user and cannot be checked. Does anyone know how to get that back. Again, everything works fine in the GroupWise client.

>>> On 3/30/2011 at 2:11 PM, in message <4D935636020000EE00039F0D at irislx.northmemorial.com>, "Kathy Tyler" <Kathy.Tyler at NorthMemorial.com> wrote:

I just had this one today.  In my case, it was simple.  I just deselected the checkbox next to the Calendar folder in WebAccess.  Then I re-selected it, and all the appointments came back displayed properly.  Weird.

Kathy

>>> On 3/30/2011 at 3:07 PM, "Richard Haynal" <Richard.Haynal at wsha.org> wrote:

GW 8.01. The Calendar tab and calendar are there and dates show up but no appointments. He has only one Calendar and I can see it is also visible on the left hand plane. I have tried this with both IE and Mozillia on a couple of different workstations.

>>> On 3/30/2011 at 10:35 AM, in message <AANLkTinnXCaaO4h5+HdhNjdqiJgPMhX=tC5peBWe7fOi at mail.gmail.com>, Jeff Lay <jlay at novell.com> wrote:

A few questions:

GW version?
So when the user clicks on their Calendar in WebAccess it's completely
blank?
Or do they not see the Calendar tab?
If they can click on the Calendar tab, do you see the list of available
calendars along the left-hand side of the window?
Also, what browser are they using?