[ngw] Certificates.

Peter Fanning fanningp at matc.edu
Thu Apr 5 15:09:39 UTC 2012

We are currently using a wildcard cert purchased through our ISP from RapidSSL....Wildcards are great (altho I have found for some reason the Novell Messenger agent doesn't seem to like it, so I stuck with a local CA generated cert for that one).....

Pete Fanning
Network Administrator
Milwaukee Area Technical College
>>> "Alan Bens" <ABENS at go-metro.com> 4/5/2012 9:29 AM >>>
Ok all of your guru's.  I've read previous post over the past couple
years and we may have to step up and get some certificates for mail.
We've always used the ones generated by the e-dir CA.  They've always
worked in the past and it was easy.

Now with the mobile phones they don't like those certificates so we are
going to need to get a couple.  I'm looking at one for Data-Sync and I
guess one for Webmail so they quit getting that annoying IE error for
the certificate.

We currently have GW 8 SP2 and will go to 2012 when I can test and
figure out some of my other concerns with webmail.  They run on OES 2
SP3 SLES sp4.

I guess my question would be a recommendation on where to get the
certificate (easiest to work with and works well), and point me to where
the best docs are to install and configure.

Thanks in advance.

Alan D. Bens, CNA, RLE, GCE
SORTA/Metro, System Administrator
602 Main. St