[ngw] Bcc question

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Wed Dec 5 15:18:03 UTC 2012

Like you said, I don't see it there.
May be something in the body. I'd have to review the rfc for how bcc gets created.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> "Jeffrey GHITELMAN" <jeffrey.i.ghitelman at state.or.us> 12/4/2012   05:45 PM >>>
Here you go...

Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 21:03:44 +0000 (UTC)
From: Jeff Ghitelman <user at domain.com>
To: jeffrey.i.ghitelman at state.or.us
Subject: testing external email
 s=q20121106; t=1354655024;
 bh=oVBL7g9bnbOSqIcbcSEIFE5TA/GHPFafva76WJu9qfk=;
 h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version:
  Content-Type;
 b=sOxPy6yBw2/ReZjuOm5WV9HolLkdv4PJr9JY8+Xiu5P1OWP/0QhSqD7s4iiH3pule
  CASxrFKXxqxzUkWDyVzd/epM9ocMVCBx28W39yRHJ5egwAYGCzFruz+TAoeHT8wPVR
  /b6wBM7XeBtvLCiH4OY41tuq99XgNj2OpzWVGAoMlrZl8iuF56RZnwKCmn8/rLQFqC
  Ut+uwB1eyuWUrJ1VQrRrQ2ugS5WIYTGBqmE88QdvdPKqDbfNYC0ga0p89px3sfg1Gw
  7wE8mI5i5qjsHhI4IPvZOPnresHtVHBtjqlweNvIFsqoxmB8rKiBqTBwm1mrR1ikVj
  a9yJE0LXqQhhQ==

>>> On 12/4/2012 at 2:30 PM, "James Taylor" <James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com> wrote:

can you you post a sanitized example?
-jt

>>> "Jeffrey GHITELMAN" <jeffrey.i.ghitelman at state.or.us> 12/4/2012   04:06 PM >>>
Thanks for the reply James...

I don't see any bcc: info in the message source; is there somewhere else I can look for it?

Jeff

>>> On 12/4/2012 at 12:04 PM, "James Taylor" <James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com> wrote:

The bcc: field is populated based on the header info in the incoming email.
I have never heard of this happening.
If you have a relay host for incoming mail, I would suspect it is doing something bad to the smtp header of the incoming email.
-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
http://www.eastcobbgroup.com

>>> "Jeffrey GHITELMAN" <jeffrey.i.ghitelman at state.or.us> 12/4/2012 11:21 AM >>>
Hi everyone,

I need a little help with an issue I can't figure out.  I hope I can explain this clearly.

We are a single domain, single po shop. Ever since the 5.x days our system was configured with two domains in the Internet Addressing portion of our system config. .

Our internal domain is PERS.STATE.OR.US which was (is) the preferred domain and STATE.OR.US was the second domain listed. I never really understood why STATE.OR.US was specified, but as long as everything worked properly, I left it alone.

All our external email is relayed to a statewide mailhub which does a lookup and replaces @state.or.us with the proper agency domain in our case PERS.STATE.OR.US.

However, when internal apps with built-in SMTP mailers would try to send to STATE.OR.US addresses, the GWIA would return  a addressee unknown error, because that entity did not exist locally.

So to correct this, I removed the STATE.OR.US definition on our system. Well that fixed the relay problem.... but introduced another issue.

Now, all inbound email shows the users full external address (e.g. FN.LN at PERS.STATE.OR.US) in the To: field and their display name in the Bc: field.  Is there anyway to prevent the Bc field from being populated like this?

Thanks!

Regards

Jeff

Desktop Support