[ngw] c050 on sync

Joseph Acquisto joea at j4computers.com
Wed Dec 5 19:14:36 UTC 2012

When doing a manual sync, by highlighting all user in PO and doint Tools, GW utilities, syncrhonize,

get "An error occurred modifying an attribute value.  Attempted operation after a crucial error - should abort transaction (0xC050)"

There are BTW a good number of pending transactions.   Careful contemplation of which lead me to discover that two users each in different PO's are causing this problem.  Or, at least, the error occurs when manually syncing those two users.   Oddly, each happens to be the last user listed in that PO.

Manual says this code indicated a damaged domain database if it happens when "syncronizing" databases. I don't think that is what the gw/eDir sync is  going.  But they validate fine, in any case.

GWcheck on the users turns up nothing of interest.

So, I am puzzled.  The gravity of the situation is weighs heavy on my mind.

joe a.