[ngw] Windows 8 and Datasync

Matt Weisberg matt at weisberg.net
Tue Dec 11 05:12:40 UTC 2012

I've been using Windows 8 as one of my main desktop machines the last week or so and I've made an interesting observation.

GroupWise 2012 SP1 client works ok, I've unfortunately had it crash on me a few times.

So I decided to try and use the native Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 8 against GroupWise Datasync. They both support Exchange Active Sync.  And guess what? So far, they work perfectly with Datasync.  I was actually surprised at how well they work.   You wouldn't even know it was talking to a GroupWise system as oppose to an Exchange system.

Now if I could only get an EAS client for Mac OSX I'd be a happy camper!

Matt

--------
Matt Weisberg
Weisberg Consulting, Inc.